The Remote Area Health Corps (RAHC) is pleased to announce the launch of the new eLearning module Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), which has been created in partnership with the Aboriginal Medical Services Alliance Northern Territory (AMSANT).
RAHC eLearning modules provide free, high quality and easy-to-access education on health issues prevalent in the remote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health context. These modules are available to all Health Professionals (HPs) and anyone interested in remote and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health. HPs considering a placement with RAHC are particularly encouraged to complete them. As an eLearning course, this information is accessible to those in some of the most remote areas of Australia. Meaning, it is another step towards closing the gap in remote educational disadvantage.
The CQI eLearning module introduces Health Professionals (HPs) to continuous quality improvement. It provides important information and practical strategies for improving the quality of care provided to individuals, their families and the wider community.
This eLearning module aims to:
- introduce CQI and discuss its implementation in primary health care centres and services throughout the NT
- provide a framework for improving systems of care and health outcomes
- provide information about the support and training available through the NT CQI strategy
- demonstrate how data can be used to help teams improve the quality of care they deliver.
- explore some of the tools and strategies used for implementing CQI.
This module will be a valuable resource for all team members involved in providing care to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in remote communities, regional towns and urban centres.
The Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) module takes approximately 1 hour to complete.
RAHC and AMSANT would like to thank our course designers and reviewers for their valuable contribution to the module.
To learn more about RAHC's eLearning platform, visit our website.
To access the module, click here.